Monday, May 19, 2008

Why Black?

So tired of people asking me why I wear all black all the time. So I will just make the explanation here in plain english, lol.

So its like this...americans use the color black to convey elegance, sophistication, sexxxyness, or perhaps a touch of mystery. For the slow......It's mysterious by providing a sense of potential and possibility. Now in most Western countries, and in peoples mind, the color black is the color of mourning. Among some young people, black is often seen as a color of rebellion. Too bad I am not young or rebellious, lol. But, Black is both positive and negative which explains my personality to a tea!
After doing a little research, In early Westerns times the good guy wore white while the bad guy wore black. But later in the century's on........good guys wore black to lend an air of mystery to themselves. Considered the negation of color, black is conservative, goes well with almost any color except the very dark. So I wouldn't wear brown and black together. AT ALL! It also has conflicting connotations. It can be serious and conventional.
As I got more mature I realized that graphic tees and all that was a little last season for me so I had to take another route since black is the absence of color, and In clothing, black is visually slimming. As I read on I learned that black is the most misunderstood color, that symbolizes death in some cultures. Native Americans thought black was good because it was the color of soil, which gives life. Westbank Arike' thinks its a trend. Saturday's color is black........ but Websters Dictionary says that black is not a color, strictly speaking. It is the absence of all color. So this is a powerful debate.
People follow trends.......now watch how I become a tReNdSeTtEr!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say do you! Of course everbody else gets caught up in whats going on right now. Not thinking about what influence they can make themselves. Being a free sprit is what life is about. You have to make your own choices and life by them.