Sunday, February 10, 2008

Legendary?

LEGEND......
I was at a concert in New Orleans 2 weeks ago that one of my good friends hosted and I was introduced as “ The legendary Westbank Arike”. I was upset at that moment but I really didn’t know how to take it. Good Wishes or Slang? I was like……. Legendary? What? I took it as me being old, washed up, and plain ol’ DEAD. As I sat down and thought about it legend is not a bad word. Webster’s defines Legend as somebody famous admired for a skill or talent. Now that I look at my immense track record I am going to embrace the words legend/legendary more than what I do and not get dismayed hearing it. True, I am pretty last season BY CHOICE, but I rather be up there with legends than new jacks any day. Legendary people make sense while new jacks make hits. That’s just my thoughts. For 2008 I am taking the reserved side of bounce, the side most don’t understand. The side I feel I deserve. I have had songs written about me, D.J.’s not playing my shit, no shows or producers because of my sexuality, slang’s about me in songs and mixxes, OMG the list go on. The funny part is I am nowhere near what I used to be, and not trying to be and STILL going through the same shit, lol. I only show up for certain events by certain people. Its not about the money at all anymore. That’s so 2002. Its all about respect. I respect those who respect me. Mc Shakie, D.J. Lil Man, Calliope Preist…is some of FEW who can call me and I am there at ZERO!
Enjoy Life


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man your blog is lookin real good. You have definitely surpassed mine. I guess I'll have to step it up!